Balkan Wander Expedition Dates
Balkan Wander Expedition Groups
- Max group size 12
- International and local guide, plus all food and group equipment provided.
- 2 person tents. If you want single tents you will need to bring your own.
We will have vehicle support throughout the whole expeditions but long sections where we will not meet the vehicle. All food is provided but each team of 2 will cook their own. Group meals when we meet the vehicle.
- Fitness Requirements, you must able to walk 8 hrs per day in mountain regions carrying 15Kg ( if you have more you have too much).
- Mental Requirements, you will be a team focused individual! This is not a race. The ability to work in a small group for protracted periods of time often in stressful situations.
We strongly recommend 6 months of training prior to expedition start date, this expedition is not to be taken lightly. We can advise on training if required.
Excluded from costs
- Flights and any visa requirement
- Trekking and travel insurance ( compulsory)
- Tips for local guides
- Spending money for when we pass through villages etc
Process to join Expedition
1. Arrange a 1 to 1 phone call with Pete the owner of 1000 mile journeys and before the phone call email email@example.com with a short bio of outdoor experience, fitness levels, any health issues, and travelling experience.
2. Have phone call and chat with Pete.
3. If offered a place you will have 1 week to decide if the expedition is for you.
4. After 1 week you will be required to let 1000 Mile Journeys know if you are in our out. If you are in, we will send you a booking confirmation and pay the required deposit.
£250 non-refundable deposit on booking ( this ensures we get committed people)
30 Sept 2016 £500, 30 Nov 2016 £500, 31 Jan 2017 £500, 31 March 2017 £500, 30 Apr 2017 £2000.
Cancellation ( full terms and conditions on booking confirmation) in simple terms
Cancellation by 1000 Mile Journeys 100% refund of all monies paid
Cancellation by you
£250 non-refundable deposit
Cancel between booking at 31 Jan 2017 100% refund minus the £250 non-refundable deposit
Cancel between 31 Jan and 30 April 2017 50% refund
Cancel after 30 April 2017 75% refund
All our expedition members get 1 years free membership of our adventure activity business in Scotland www.rafting.co.uk to do as many adventure activities in a year as you like. Think of it as a free gym membership for adventure!